Ambre-Stone Limited – Terms and Conditions of Trading – 1 April 2013
The Customer’s attention is particularly drawn to the provisions of clause 12
In these Conditions, the following definitions apply:
Business Day: a day (other than a Saturday, Sunday or a public holiday) when banks in London are open for business.
Commencement Date: has the meaning set out in clause 2.2.
Conditions: these terms and conditions as amended from time to time in accordance with clause 15.8.
Contract: the contract between Ambre-Stone Ltd and the Customer for the supply of Goods and/or Services in accordance with these Conditions.
Customer: the person or firm who purchases the Goods and/or Services from Ambre-Stone Ltd.
Customer Equipment: any equipment, systems, piping, cabling or facilities at the Customer’s Premises.
Customer’s Premises: means the premises whether or not in the ownership of the Customer at which the Services or part of them are to be provided.
Deliverables: the deliverables set out in the Order for Services (if any) together with all goods, materials and systems utilised, managed, delivered or developed by Ambre-Stone Ltd in connection with the Services in any form including any plans, data reports or specifications or other documentation relating to the same including drafts.
Delivery Location: has the meaning set out in clause 4.2.
Force Majeure Event: has the meaning given to it in clause 15.1(a).
Goods: the goods (or any part of them) set out in the Order.
Goods Specification: any specification for the Goods (including any relevant plans or drawings) either provided or published by Ambre-Stone Ltd or that is agreed in writing by Ambre-Stone Ltd and the Customer.
Intellectual Property Rights: all patents, rights to inventions, utility models, copyright and related rights, trademarks, service marks, trade, business and domain names, rights in trade dress or get-up, rights in goodwill or to sue for passing off, unfair competition rights, rights in designs, rights in computer software, database right, topography rights, moral rights, rights in confidential information (including know-how and trade secrets) and any other intellectual property rights, in each case whether registered or unregistered and including all applications for and renewals or extensions of such rights, and all similar or equivalent rights or forms of protection in any part of the world.
Order: The Customer’s order for the supply of Goods and/or Services, as set out in the Customer’s purchase order form, or the Customer’s written acceptance of Ambre-Stone Ltd’s quotation, or otherwise in writing, or verbally or otherwise, as the case may be.
Order Acceptance: has the meaning set out in clause 2.2.
Ambre-Stone Ltd: Ambre-Stone Ltd registered in England and Wales with company number 11108770 whose registered office is at C/O QJS (UK) Ltd, Saxilby Enterprise Park, Saxilby, Lincoln, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom, LN1 2LR.
Ambre-Stone Ltd Materials: has the meaning set out in clause 8.1(i).
Services: the services, including the Deliverables, supplied by Ambre-Stone Ltd to the Customer as set out in the Service Specification.
Service Specification: the description or specification for the Services provided in writing by Ambre-Stone Ltd to the Customer.
- In these Conditions, the following rules apply :
- a person includes a natural person, corporate or unincorporated body (whether or not having separate legal personality);
- a reference to a party includes its personal representatives, successors or permitted assigns;
- a reference to a statute or statutory provision is a reference to such statute or statutory provision as amended or re-enacted. A reference to a statute or statutory provision includes any subordinate legislation made under that statute or statutory provision, as amended or re-enacted;
- any phrase introduced by the terms including, include, in particular or any similar expression shall be construed as illustrative and shall not limit the sense of the words preceding those terms; and
- a reference to writing or written includes faxes and e-mails.
- BASIS OF CONTRACT
- The Order constitutes an offer by the Customer to purchase Goods and/or Services in accordance with these Conditions.
- The Order shall only be deemed to be accepted when Ambre-Stone Ltd issues written acceptance of the Order or if earlier Ambre-Stone Ltd delivers the Goods to the Customer or begins to provide the Services (Order Acceptance) at which point and on which date the Contract shall come into existence (Commencement Date).
- The Contract constitutes the entire agreement between the The Customer acknowledges that it has not relied on any statement, promise or representation made or given by or on behalf of Ambre-Stone Ltd which is not set out in the Contract.
- Any samples, drawings, descriptive matter or advertising issued by Ambre-Stone Ltd and any descriptions of the Goods or illustrations or descriptions of the Services contained in Ambre-Stone Ltd ‘s catalogues or brochures are issued or published for the sole purpose of giving an approximate idea of the Goods and/or Services described in They shall not form partof the Contract or have any contractual force.
- These Conditions apply to the Contract to the exclusion of any other terms that the Customer seeks at any time to impose or incorporate, or which are implied by trade, custom, practice or course of
- Any quotation given by Ambre-Stone Ltd shall not constitute an offer, and unless otherwise stated isonly valid for a period of 30 Business Days from its date of
- All of these Conditions shall apply to the supply of both Goods and Services except where application to one or the other is
- The Goods are described in Ambre-Stone Ltd ‘s catalogue and / or other printed materials provided by Ambre-Stone Ltd and / or on the Ambre-Stone Ltd website at ambrestone.co.uk as modified or described in or by the Order and any applicable Goods Specification.
- To the extent that the Goods are to be manufactured in accordance with a Goods Specification supplied by the Customer, the Customer shall indemnify Ambre-Stone Ltd against all liabilities, costs, expenses, damages and losses (including any direct, indirect or consequential losses, loss of profit, loss of reputation and all interest, penalties and legal and other professional costs and expenses) suffered or incurred by Ambre-Stone Ltd in connection with any claim made against Ambre-Stone Ltd for actual or alleged infringement of a third party’s Intellectual Property Rights arising out of or in connection with Ambre-Stone Ltd ‘s use of the Goods This clause 3.2 shall survive termination of the Contract.
- Ambre-Stone Ltd reserves the right to amend the Goods Specification if required by any applicable statutory or regulatory
- The Customer will ensure that all Goods which are not installed or maintained by Ambre-Stone Ltd are installed and/or maintained in accordance with any instructions and information provided by Ambre-Stone Ltd or otherwise and in any event in accordance with good trade practice and all legal and regulatory This clause 3.4 shall survive termination of the Contract.
- As use of the Goods without proper training could be dangerous the Customer undertakesto ensure that all end users of the Goods are properly and effectively trained to use themand that in particular they are advised of any safety information relating to use of the Goods provided by Ambre-Stone Ltd to the Customer at any This clause 3.5 shall survive termination ofthe Contract.
- The provisions of this clause 3 will also apply to any Deliverables which are the subject of the
- DELIVERY OF GOODS
- AMBRE-STONE LTD shall ensure that each delivery of the Goods is accompanied by a delivery note which shows the date of the Order, all relevant Customer and AMBRE-STONE LTD reference numbers, the typeand quantity of the Goods (including the code number of the Goods, where applicable), special storage instructions (if any) and, if the Order is being delivered by instalments, the outstanding balance of Goods remaining to be delivered; and
- AMBRE-STONE LTD shall deliver the Goods to the location set out in the Order or such other location as the parties may agree (Delivery Location).
- Delivery of the Goods shall be completed on the Goods’ arrival at the Delivery
- The Customer shall at the Delivery Location and at its expense provide such equipment and labour as may be required to enable it to take delivery of the Goods upon
- Any dates quoted for delivery of the Goods are approximate only, and the time of delivery isnot of the AMBRE-STONE LTD shall not be liable for any delay in delivery of the Goods that iscaused by a Force Majeure Event or the Customer’s failure to provide AMBRE-STONE LTD with adequate delivery instructions or any other instructions that are relevant to the supply of the Goods.
- If AMBRE-STONE LTD fails to deliver the Goods, its liability shall be limited to the costs and expenses incurred by the Customer in obtaining replacement goods of similar description and qualityin the cheapest market available, less the price of the AMBRE-STONE LTD shall have no liability forany failure to deliver the Goods to the extent that such failure is caused by a Force Majeure Event the Customer’s failure to provide AMBRE-STONE LTD with adequate delivery instructions for the Goods or any relevant instruction related to the supply of the Goods.
- If the Customer fails to accept or take delivery of the Goods then within  Business Daysof AMBRE-STONE LTD notifying the Customer that the Goods are available for delivery, then except where such failure or delay is caused by a Force Majeure Event or by AMBRE-STONE LTD’s failure to comply withits obligations under the Contract in respect of the Goods:
- delivery of the Goods shall be deemed to have been completed at 00 am on the [fifth] Business Day following the day on which AMBRE-STONE LTD notified the Customer that the Goods were available for delivery; and
- AMBRE-STONE LTD shall then store the Goods until physical delivery takes place, and charge the Customer for all related costs and expenses (including insurance).
- If 10 Business Days after AMBRE-STONE LTD notified the Customer that the Goods were available for delivery the Customer has not accepted or taken physical delivery of them, AMBRE-STONE LTD may resellor otherwise dispose of part or all of the Goods and, after adding reasonable storage, attempted delivery and selling costs, charge the Customer for any shortfall below the priceof the
- The Customer shall not be entitled to reject the Goods if AMBRE-STONE LTD delivers up to and including 5 per cent more or less than the quantity or amount of Goods ordered, but a pro-rata adjustment shall be made to the Order invoice on receipt of a valid notice from the Customer that the wrong quantity of Goods was
- AMBRE-STONE LTD may deliver the Goods by instalments, which shall be invoiced and paid for Each instalment shall constitute a separate contract. Any delay in delivery or defect in an instalment shall not entitle the Customer to cancel any other instalment.
- QUALITY OF GOODS
- AMBRE-STONE LTD warrants that on delivery the Goods shall:
- conform in all material respects with their description and any applicable Goods Specification;
- be free from material defects in design, material and workmanship;
- be of satisfactory quality (within the meaning of the Sale of Goods Act 1979); and
- be fit for any purpose held out by AMBRE-STONE LTD but not for any other
- Subject to clause 3, if:
- the Customer gives notice in writing within a reasonable time and in any event within20 Business Days of delivery or within any other applicable time period forming partof the Contract with time in each case being of the essence that some or all of the Goods do not comply with the warranty set out in clause 1;
- AMBRE-STONE LTD is given a reasonable opportunity of examining such Goods; and
- the Customer (if asked to do so by AMBRE-STONE LTD) returns such Goods to AMBRE-STONE LTD’s place of business at AMBRE-STONE LTD’s cost,
AMBRE-STONE LTD shall, at its option, repair or replace the defective Goods, or refund the price of the defective Goods in full.
- AMBRE-STONE LTD shall not be liable for the Goods’ failure to comply with the warranty in clause 1 if:
- the Customer makes any further use of such Goods after giving a notice in accordance with clause 2;
- the defect arises because the Customer failed to follow AMBRE-STONE LTD’s oral or written instructions as to the storage, installation, commissioning, use or maintenance of the Goods and/or good trade practice;
- the defect arises as a result of AMBRE-STONE LTD following any drawing, design or Goods Specification supplied by the Customer;
- the Customer alters or repairs such Goods without the written consent of AMBRE-STONE LTD;
- the defect arises as a result of fair wear and tear, wilful damage, negligence, or abnormal working conditions;
- the Goods differ from the Goods Specification as a result of changes made to ensurethey comply with applicable statutory or regulatory
- Except as provided in this clause 5, AMBRE-STONE LTD shall have no liability to the Customer in respect of the Goods’ failure to comply with the warranty set out in clause 1.
- The terms of these Conditions shall apply to any repaired or replacement Goods supplied by AMBRE-STONE LTD under clause 2.
- If AMBRE-STONE LTD is not the manufacturer of the Goods AMBRE-STONE LTD will use reasonable endeavours to transferto the Customer any warranty given to it in connection with the Goods in
- The provisions of this clause 5 will also apply to any Deliverables which are the subject of the
- TITLE AND RISK
- The risk in the Goods shall pass to the Customer on completion of delivery.
- Title to the Goods shall not pass to the Customer until AMBRE-STONE LTD has received payment in full (in cash or cleared funds) for:
- the Goods; and
- any other goods and services that AMBRE-STONE LTD has supplied to the Customer in respect of which payment has become
- Until title to the Goods has passed to the Customer, the Customer shall:
- hold the Goods on a fiduciary basis as AMBRE-STONE LTD’s bailee;
- store the Goods separately from all other goods held by the Customer so that they remain readily identifiable as AMBRE-STONE LTD’s property;
- not remove, deface or obscure any identifying mark or packaging on or relating tothe Goods;
- maintain the Goods in satisfactory condition and keep them insured against all risks for their full price on AMBRE-STONE LTD’s behalf from the date of delivery;
- notify AMBRE-STONE LTD immediately if it becomes subject to any of the events listed in clause1(b) to clause 13.1(l); and
- give AMBRE-STONE LTD such information relating to the Goods as AMBRE-STONE LTD may require from time to time,
but the Customer may resell or use the Goods in the ordinary course of its business.
- If before title to the Goods passes to the Customer the Customer becomes subject to any ofthe events listed in clause 1(b) to clause 13.1(l), or AMBRE-STONE LTD reasonably believes that any such event is about to happen and notifies the Customer accordingly, then, provided the Goods have not been resold, or irrevocably incorporated into another product, and without limiting any other right or remedy AMBRE-STONE LTD may have, AMBRE-STONE LTD may at any time require the Customer to deliver up the Goods and, if the Customer fails to do so promptly, enter any premises of the Customer or of any third party where the Goods are stored in order to recover them and the Customer hereby grants AMBRE-STONE LTD an irrevocable licence to do so.
- AMBRE-STONE LTD will be entitled to payment for the Goods notwithstanding the fact that title to them hasnot passed to the Customer.
- The provisions of this clause 6 will also apply to any Deliverables which are the subject of the
- SUPPLY OF SERVICES
- AMBRE-STONE LTD shall provide the Services to the Customer in accordance with the Service Specification in all material respects.
- AMBRE-STONE LTD shall use all reasonable endeavours to meet any performance dates for the Services specified in the Services Specification or otherwise by AMBRE-STONE LTD in writing, but any such dates shall be estimates only and time shall not be of the essence for the performance of the
- AMBRE-STONE LTD shall have the right to make any changes to the Services which are necessary to comply with any applicable law or safety requirement, or which do not materially affect thenature or quality of the Services, and AMBRE-STONE LTD shall notify the Customer in any such event if a change will materially affect the nature or quality of the
- If after the Commencement Date the Customer requests any variation of the Services to be provided pursuant to the Contract then AMBRE-STONE LTD will be under no obligation to agree any suchIf AMBRE-STONE LTD does agree to any such variation and so confirms then the Services as so varied will be provided by AMBRE-STONE LTD to the Customer as part of the Contract subject to the Customer agreeing in writing:
- to any consequential changes to the Services Specification notified to the Customerby AMBRE-STONE LTD ;
- to any changes to the charges for the Services notified to the Customer by AMBRE-STONE LTD; and
- any other reasonable requirement of AMBRE-STONE LTD.
- AMBRE-STONE LTD warrants to the Customer that the Services will be provided using reasonable care and
- Where the nature of the Services is ongoing or recurring and the Contract does not definethe period of time during which the Services will be provided by AMBRE-STONE LTD to the Customer thensubject to the provisions of clause 2 the term of the Contract will be one year from the formation of the Contract.
- CUSTOMER‘S OBLIGATIONS
- The Customer shall:
- ensure that the terms of the Order and (if submitted by the Customer) the Goods Specification are complete and accurate;
- co-operate with AMBRE-STONE LTD in all matters relating to the Services;
- provide AMBRE-STONE LTD, its employees, agents, consultants and subcontractors, with access to the Customer’s Premises, Customer Equipment, office accommodation and other facilities as reasonably required by AMBRE-STONE LTD to provide the Services;
- provide AMBRE-STONE LTD with such information and materials as AMBRE-STONE LTD may reasonably require to supply the Services, and ensure that such information is accurate in all material respects;
- properly prepare the Customer’s Premises and Customer Equipment for the supply of the Services;
- obtain and maintain all necessary licences, permissions and consents which may be required for the Services before the date on which the Services are to start;
- promptly advise AMBRE-STONE LTD of any Health and Safety, security or other legal or other requirements relating to the performance by AMBRE-STONE LTD of the Services at the Customer’s Premises;
- ensure that all Deliverables which are not installed or maintained by AMBRE-STONE LTD are installed and/or maintained in accordance with any instructions and information provided by AMBRE-STONE LTD or otherwise and in any event in accordance with good trade practice and all legal and regulatory requirements and this provision shall survive termination of the Contract;
- keep and maintain all materials, equipment, documents and other property of AMBRE-STONE LTD (AMBRE-STONE LTD Materials) at the Customer’s Premises in safe custody at its own risk, maintain AMBRE-STONE LTD Materials in good condition until returned to AMBRE-STONE LTD, and not dispose of or use AMBRE-STONE LTD Materials other than in accordance with AMBRE-STONE LTD’s written instructions or authorisation;
- at the commencement of the Contract advise AMBRE-STONE LTD in writing of the name and contact details of its nominated representative or representatives who shall each have authority to bind the Customer contractually in connection with matters relating to provision of the Services; and
- the use of the Deliverables without proper training could be dangerous the Customer undertakes to ensure that all end users of the Deliverables are properly and effectively trained to use them and that in particular they are advised of any safety information relating to use of the Deliverables provided by AMBRE-STONE LTD to the Customer atany time and this provision shall survive termination of the Contract.
- If AMBRE-STONE LTD’s performance of any of its obligations in respect of the Services is prevented or delayed by any act or omission by the Customer or failure by the Customer to perform any relevant obligation (Customer Default):
- AMBRE-STONE LTD shall without limiting its other rights or remedies have the right to suspend performance of the Services until the Customer remedies the Customer Default, andto rely on the Customer Default to relieve it from the performance of any of its obligations to the extent the Customer Default prevents or delays AMBRE-STONE LTD’s performance of any of its obligations;
- AMBRE-STONE LTD shall not be liable for any costs or losses sustained or incurred by the Customer arising directly or indirectly from AMBRE-STONE LTD’s failure or delay to perform any of its obligations as set out in this clause 2; and
- the Customer shall reimburse AMBRE-STONE LTD on written demand for any costs or losses sustained or incurred by AMBRE-STONE LTD arising directly or indirectly from the Customer
- CHARGES AND PAYMENT
- The price for Goods shall be the price set out in the Order or, if no price is quoted, the price set out in AMBRE-STONE LTD’s published price list as at the date of The price of the Goods is exclusive of all costs and charges of packaging, insurance and transport of the Goods which shall be paid by the Customer when it pays for the Goods.
- The charges for Services shall be as set out in the Order or later in the Order Acceptance and in relation to any Services not so set out shall unless otherwise agreed in writing be on a time and materials basis:
- the charges shall be calculated in accordance with AMBRE-STONE LTD’s daily fee rates; and
- AMBRE-STONE LTD shall be entitled to charge the Customer for any expenses reasonably incurredby the individuals whom AMBRE-STONE LTD engages in connection with the Services including, butnot limited to, travelling expenses, hotel costs, subsistence and any associated expenses, and for the cost of services provided by third parties and required by AMBRE-STONE LTDfor the performance of the Services, and for the cost of any
- AMBRE-STONE LTD reserves the right to increase the price of Goods and Deliverables, by giving notice tothe Customer at any time before delivery, to reflect any increase in the cost of the Goodsand / or Deliverables to AMBRE-STONE LTD that is due to:
- any factor beyond the control of AMBRE-STONE LTD (including foreign exchange fluctuations,increase in taxes and duties, and increases in labour, materials and other manufacturing costs);
- any request by the Customer to change the delivery date(s), quantities or types of Goods ordered, or the Goods Specification; or
- any delay caused by any instructions of the Customer in respect of the Goods or failure of the Customer to give AMBRE-STONE LTD adequate or accurate information or instructionsin respect of the
- In respect of Goods, AMBRE-STONE LTD shall invoice the Customer on or at any time after completion ofIn respect of Services, AMBRE-STONE LTD shall invoice the Customer weekly in arrears unlessthe Contract otherwise provides.
- The Customer shall pay each invoice submitted by AMBRE-STONE LTD:
- unless the Contract otherwise provides within 30 days of the date of the invoice; and
- in full and in cleared funds to a bank account nominated in writing by AMBRE-STONE LTD, and
time for payment shall be of the essence of the Contract.
- All amounts payable by the Customer under the Contract are exclusive of amounts inrespect of value added tax chargeable from time to time (VAT). Where any taxable supply for VAT purposes is made under the Contract by AMBRE-STONE LTD to the Customer, the Customer shall, on receipt of a valid VAT invoice from AMBRE-STONE LTD, pay to AMBRE-STONE LTD such additional amounts in respect of VAT as are chargeable on the supply of the Services or Goods at the same time as payment is due for the supply of the Services or
- Without limiting any other right or remedy of AMBRE-STONE LTD, if the Customer fails to make any payment due to AMBRE-STONE LTD under the Contract by the due date for payment (Due Date), AMBRE-STONE LTD shall have the right to charge interest on the overdue amount at the rate of 0% per cent per annum above the then current Lloyds TSB Bank plc base rate or 10.0% whichever is the higher rate accruing on a daily basis from the Due Date until the date of actual payment of the overdue amount, whether before or after judgment, and compounding quarterly.
- The Customer shall pay all amounts due under the Contract in full without any deduction or withholding except as required by law and the Customer shall not be entitled to assert any credit, set-off or counterclaim against AMBRE-STONE LTD in order to justify withholding payment of any such amount in whole or in AMBRE-STONE LTD may, without limiting its other rights or remedies, set off any amount owing to it by the Customer against any amount payable by AMBRE-STONE LTD to the Customer.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- All Intellectual Property Rights in or arising out of or in connection with the Services shall be owned by AMBRE-STONE LTD.
- The Customer acknowledges that, in respect of any third party Intellectual Property Rights in the Services, the Customer’s use of any such Intellectual Property Rights is conditional on AMBRE-STONE LTD obtaining a written licence from the relevant licensor on such terms as will entitle AMBRE-STONE LTD to license such rights to the Customer.
- All AMBRE-STONE LTD Materials are the exclusive property of AMBRE-STONE LTD.
A party (Receiving Party) shall keep in strict confidence all technical or commercial know-how, specifications, inventions, processes or initiatives which are of a confidential nature and have been disclosed to the Receiving Party by the other party (Disclosing Party), its employees, agents or subcontractors, and any other confidential information concerning the Disclosing Party’s business or its products or its services which the Receiving Party may obtain. The Receiving Party shall restrict disclosure of such confidential information to such of its employees, agents or subcontractors as need to know it for the purpose of discharging the Receiving Party’s obligations under the Contract, and shall ensure that such employees, agents or subcontractors are subject to obligations of confidentiality corresponding to those which bind the Receiving Party. This clause 11 shall survive termination of the Contract.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: THE CUSTOMER’S ATTENTION IS PARTICULARLY DRAWN TO THIS CLAUSE
- Nothing in these Conditions shall limit or exclude AMBRE-STONE LTD’s liability for:
- death or personal injury caused by its negligence, or the negligence of its employees, agents or subcontractors;
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- breach of the terms implied by section 2 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 (title and quiet possession);
- breach of the terms implied by section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (title and quiet possession); or
- defective products under the Consumer Protection Act
- Subject to clause 1:
- AMBRE-STONE LTD shall under no circumstances whatever be liable to the Customer, whether incontract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, for any loss of profit, or any indirect or consequential loss arising under or in connection withthe Contract ; and
- AMBRE-STONE LTD’s total liability to the Customer in respect of all other losses arising under or in connection with the Contract, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, shall in no circumstances exceed the price for the Goods and/or the charges for the Services which are the subject of the Contract or Five Million Pounds whichever figure is the
- Except as set out in these Conditions, all warranties, conditions and other terms implied by statute or common law are, to the fullest extent permitted by law, excluded from the
- This clause 12 shall survive termination of the Contract.
- Without limiting its other rights or remedies, each party may terminate the Contract with immediate effect by giving written notice to the other party if:
- the other party commits a material breach of its obligations under this Contract and(if such breach is remediable) fails to remedy that breach within 10 Business Daysafter receipt of notice in writing of the breach;
- the other party suspends, or threatens to suspend, payment of its debts or is unableto pay its debts as they fall due or admits inability to pay its debts or (being a company which in this clause 13 means any corporate body) is deemed unable topay its debts within the meaning of section 123 of the Insolvency Act 1986 or (beingan individual) is deemed either unable to pay its debts or as having no reasonableprospect of so doing, in either case, within the meaning of section 268 of the Insolvency Act 1986 or (being a partnership) has any partner to whom any of the foregoing apply;
- the other party commences negotiations with all or any class of its creditors with a view to rescheduling any of its debts, or makes a proposal for or enters into any compromise or arrangement with its creditors other than (where a company) for thesole purpose of a scheme for a solvent amalgamation of that other party with one ormore other companies or the solvent reconstruction of that other party;
- a petition is filed, a notice is given, a resolution is passed, or an order is made, for orin connection with the winding up of the other party (being a company) other than forthe sole purpose of a scheme for a solvent amalgamation of the other party with oneor more other companies or the solvent reconstruction of that other party;
- the other party (being an individual) is the subject of a bankruptcy petition or order;
- a creditor or encumbrancer of the other party attaches or takes possession of, or a distress, execution, sequestration or other such process is levied or enforced on orsued against, the whole or any part of its assets and such attachment or process isnot discharged within 14 days;
- an application is made to court, or an order is made, for the appointment of an administrator or if a notice of intention to appoint an administrator is given or if an administrator is appointed over the other party (being a company);
- a floating charge holder over the assets of the other party (being a company) hasbecome entitled to appoint or has appointed an administrative receiver;
- a person becomes entitled to appoint a receiver over the assets of the other party ora receiver is appointed over the assets of the other party;
- any event occurs, or proceeding is taken, with respect to the other party in any jurisdiction to which it is subject that has an effect equivalent or similar to any of the events mentioned in clause 1(b) to clause 13.1(i) (inclusive);
- the other party suspends, threatens to suspend, ceases or threatens to cease tocarry on, all or substantially the whole of its business; or
- the other party (being an individual) dies or, by reason of illness or incapacity (whether mental or physical), is incapable of managing his own affairs or becomes a patient under any mental health legislation.
- Without limiting its other rights or remedies, AMBRE-STONE LTD may terminate the Contract:
- by giving the Customer 30 days written notice;
- with immediate effect by giving written notice to the Customer if the Customer fails to pay any amount due under this Contract on the due date for
- Without limiting its other rights or remedies, AMBRE-STONE LTD shall have the right to suspend the supply of Services or all further deliveries of Goods under the Contract or any other contract between the Customer and AMBRE-STONE LTD if:
- the Customer fails to make pay any amount due under this Contract or any othercontract between the Customer and AMBRE-STONE LTD on the due date for payment; or
- the Customer becomes subject to any of the events listed in clause 1(b) to clause 13.1(l), or AMBRE-STONE LTD reasonably believes that the Customer is about to become subject to any of them.
- CONSEQUENCES OF TERMINATION
On termination of the Contract for any reason:
- the Customer shall immediately pay to AMBRE-STONE LTD all of AMBRE-STONE LTD’s outstanding unpaid invoicesand interest and, in respect of Goods and/or Services supplied but for which no invoice has yet been submitted, AMBRE-STONE LTD shall submit an invoice, which shall be payableby the Customer immediately on receipt;
- the Customer shall return all of AMBRE-STONE LTD Materials and any Deliverables which have notbeen fully paid If the Customer fails to do so, then AMBRE-STONE LTD may enter the Customer’s Premises and take possession of them and the Customer hereby grantsAMBRE-STONE LTD an irrevocable licence to do so. Until they have been returned, the Customer shall be solely responsible for their safe keeping and will not use them for any purpose not connected with this Contract;
- the accrued rights and remedies of the parties as at termination shall not be affected, including the right to claim damages in respect of any breach of the Contract which existed at or before the date of termination or expiry; and
- clauses which expressly or by implication have effect after termination shall continue in full force and
- Force majeure:
- For the purposes of this Contract, Force Majeure Event means an event beyond the reasonable control of AMBRE-STONE LTD including but not limited to strikes, lock-outs or other industrial disputes (whether involving the workforce of the party or any other party), failure of a utility service or transport network, act of God, war, riot, civil commotion, malicious damage, compliance with any law or governmental order, rule, regulation or direction, accident, breakdown of plant or machinery, fire, flood, storm or default of AMBRE-STONE LTDs or
- AMBRE-STONE LTD shall not be liable to the Customer as a result of any delay or failure to performits obligations under this Contract as a result of a Force Majeure Event.
- If the Force Majeure Event prevents AMBRE-STONE LTD from providing any of the Services and/or Goods for more than 10 weeks, AMBRE-STONE LTD shall, without limiting its other rights or
remedies, have the right to terminate this Contract immediately by giving written notice to the Customer.
- Assignment and subcontracting:
- AMBRE-STONE LTD may at any time assign, transfer, charge, subcontract or deal in any other manner with all or any of its rights under the Contract and may subcontract or delegate in any manner any or all of its obligations under the Contract to any third
- The Customer shall not, without the prior written consent of AMBRE-STONE LTD, assign, transfer, charge, subcontract or deal in any other manner with all or any of its rights or obligations under the Contract.
- Any notice or other communication required to be given to a party under or in connection with this Contract shall be in writing and shall be delivered to the otherparty personally or sent by prepaid first-class post, recorded delivery or by commercial courier, at its registered office (if a company or other body corporate) or(in any other case) its principal place of business, or sent by fax to the other party’smain fax number or by email to an email address provided by the other
- Any notice or other communication shall be deemed to have been duly received if delivered personally, when left at such address or, if sent by prepaid first-class postor recorded delivery, at 00 am on the second Business Day after posting, or if delivered by commercial courier, on the date and at the time that the courier’s delivery receipt is signed, or if sent by fax, on the next Business Day after transmission or if sent be email on the next Business day after receipt of confirmation of receipt from the recipient or on receipt of a delivery or read returnmail from the correct email address or 24 hours from delivery if sent to the correct email address and no notice of delivery failure is received whichever occurs first.
- This clause 3 shall not apply to the service of any proceedings or other documents in any legal action.
- Waiver and cumulative remedies:
- A waiver of any right under the Contract is only effective if it is in writing and shall notbe deemed to be a waiver of any subsequent breach or No failure or delayby a party in exercising any right or remedy under the Contract or by law shall constitute a waiver of that or any other right or remedy, nor preclude or restrict itsfurther exercise. No single or partial exercise of such right or remedy shall precludeor restrict the further exercise of that or any other right or remedy.
- Unless specifically provided otherwise, rights arising under the Contract are cumulative and to not exclude rights provided by
- If a court or any other competent authority finds that any provision of the Contract (orpart of any provision) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part- provision shall, to the extent required, be deemed deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of the Contract shall not be
- If any invalid, unenforceable or illegal provision of the Contract would be valid, enforceable and legal if some part of it were deleted, the provision shall apply withthe minimum modification necessary to make it legal, valid and
- No partnership: Nothing in the Contract is intended to, or shall be deemed to, constitute a partnership or joint venture of any kind between any of the parties, nor constitute any party the agent of another party for any No party shall have authority to act as agent for, or to bind, the other party in any way.
- Third parties: A person who is not a party to the Contract shall not have any rights under or in connection with it.
- Variation: Except as set out in these Conditions, any variation, including the introduction of any additional terms and conditions, to the Contract shall only be binding when agreed in writing by AMBRE-STONE LTD.
- Counterparts: The Contract and any documents forming or evidencing part of it may be executed in any number of counterparts, each of which, when executed and delivered, shall constitute an original of this agreement, but all the counterparts shall together constitute the same
- Dispute Resolution: If any dispute arises in connection with these Conditions, the parties shall attempt to settle it by mediation in accordance with the CEDR Model Mediation Unless otherwise agreed between the parties, the mediator shall be nominated by CEDR. To initiate the mediation, a party shall give notice in writing (ADR notice) to the other party to the dispute requesting mediation. A copy of the request should be sent to CEDR. The mediation shall start not later than 40 Business Days after the date of the ADR notice.
- Governing law and jurisdiction: This Contract, and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims), shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, English law, and the parties irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and